Oxygen is to Lungs!
As a writer, it is very important that we continue to read. I pondered the other day that I don’t have time to waste on books I don’t want to read. *We only get so many books in a lifetime. Summer is in full swing and it is time to talk about some summer reading. I am currently working on completing the Alex Cross Series by James Patterson, and the In Death Series by J.D. Robb. for research on writing styles.
I just completed book #14 in the Cross Series, and book #7.5 in the In Death Series. I enjoy reading these books but after a while, you get the desire to go outside of those worlds and peek into another. I have put a few books on the “Want to Read” in my Good Reads list because it is summer and that means school’s out!
Remember writers, if you don’t have time to read, then you don’t have time to write, well this is according to the master, Stephen King.
My summer fun reading list includes:
- The Good Daughter by Karen Slaughter
- Regimental Murder by Ashley Gardner
- Threads of Suspicion by Dee Henderson
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
- Spring Moon: A Novel of China by Bette Bao Lord
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
My summer craft of writing read list includes:
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, Second Edition by Rennie Brown and David King
- Story Genius by Lisa Cron
- Just Write by James Scott Bell
- Write Smart, Write Happy by Cheryl St John
How about you? What is next on your list. Share with me your suggestions.